Epoch’s dedicated teams of innovative engineers provide design and development services to our customers which complements our end-to-end manufacturing services. Our design capabilities include both subsystem and full system product design, and also cost reduction programs for existing designs.
Our design team acts as an extension of our customer’s design team, getting involved in the early stages of the product development phase to ensure successful New Product Introduction (NPI). The NPI team ensures the integrity of the final product by providing Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Design for Test (DFT), followed by rapid prototyping processes utilizing flexible equipment, sophisticated software tools, and a team of qualified staff.
Overview of Epoch’s Design and Development services:
- Conceptual design and 3D molding utilizing SolidWorks and Pro/E
- Design and development of prototypes
- Design development of mold and tooling
- Design and identification of material for various product components and enclosures
ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC DESIGN
PCB design services are tightly coupled with our manufacturing and test systems, and use the best of both IPC and internal manufacturing standards.
- Schematic circuit design
- Printed circuit board design and layout utilizing: Cadence, & Altium Designer
- Component miniaturization
SOFTWARE DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
- Applications are developed in Object Oriented design under a Windows environment
- Software is developed using VB, C, C++, and VC++
- The team follows CCM in their design & development
MOTION CONTROL & AUTOMATION DESIGN
Full range of capability which includes:
- Sensor & vision systems.
- Feedback devices & controller
- Drivers, & motors
- Slides & bearing
With many patents held by Epoch, we understand the importance of safeguarding your intellectual property. We pay careful attention to both the quality of the people we hire as well as their training and development. Epoch provides company-wide programs for character development, virtue training, and personal and spiritual growth. Our workforce is as committed to the client’s success as it is to ours. Epoch’s employees not only sign an Ethics Policy and Non-Disclosure Agreements but more importantly, we believe the additional steps we take during the recruiting process and in strengthening employee character are essential in securing the confidentiality of our client’s proprietary information.