Epoch International is looking for a talented product designer with a combination of creativity, engineering expertise, and experience with industrial equipment and consumer products. The designer will interface with our customers and sales and engineering teams to ideate concepts, define requirements, propose designs, and iterate refinements to design products meeting aesthetic, functional, ergonomic, manufacturability and cost goals.
- Meet with clients to establish the design brief, including the concept, performance and production criteria
- Create sketches, illustrations, 2D and 3D renderings, mockups, and models
- Generate and present designs to clients for refinement and approval
- Lead and participate in product brainstorming sessions
- Documenting and communicating customer design requirements
- Work with mechanical and production engineers or manufacturers to evaluate and optimize design cost and manufacturability
- Participate in design reviews throughout the development process
- Collaborate with marketing staff to stay current on trends and brands in related industries
- Continuously expand knowledge of materials and production processes to enhance personal and company capabilities
- Artistic ability to hand sketch initial design ideas
- Computer assisted visualization using industry standard 2D and 3D tools such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Solidworks, Creo, Alias, Rhino, and Keyshot.
- Human factors and user interface design
- Mechanical knowledge particularly in metals and plastics, with solid understanding of engineering principles, rapid prototyping, and manufacturing processes, and materials
- Observing market trends/needs and establishing plans to respond
- Excellent written, listening and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills, creativity, problem-solving and teamwork skills.
- Service-minded attitude
- Self-starter that thrives on ownership
- Ability to present effectively to a leadership audience
- Working in multidisciplinary teams
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Industrial Design, Product Design or related field required from an accredited institution
- Five years of relevant, hands-on industrial design experience in a consultancy or corporation with multiple products delivered from concept through launch
- Experience in the design of industrial equipment required.
- Experience in consumer electronics and mobile industry desired.
- International experience a plus
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.